Forum

Notifications

What essentials to take with to an overseas tournament?  

RSS

Martina Wilkinson
(@martina)
16/01/2020 6:52 pm  

For the first time in over 15 years, Finland is sending women's national team to represent the country overseas. I will be flying out with the national team next week to Slovakia for EuroHockey Indoor Championship III - tournament and as it will be my first actual tournament trip outside of Finland (in other words more than couple of hours away from where I live), I'm a little unsure of what would be good to bring with to a 4 day tournament.

Apart from your kit, is there something you usually take with or that is a must have to take with to a longer tournament far away from home (overseas or other side of the country)?

Rach Lynch
(@rachlynch)
Member Admin
17/01/2020 1:20 am  

So exciting!! I hope you have a great trip!

I always take my travel clothes line or a bit of rope as you may not have somewhere to hang your gear so the rope can make a good hanging line for you. 😜

ReplyQuote
Martina Wilkinson
(@martina)
09/02/2020 7:49 pm  

@rachlynch

Thank you so much for the tip! It was a lifesaver during the tournament and the travel clothes line I brought with was in constant use 😊 

We may have been beaten in every match by a landslide but the experience was unforgettable and amazing for everyone in our team. We never stopped smiling and enjoyed every minute of the tournament.

It was also a major step forward for women's hockey in Finland 🇫🇮. 

Photos from our teams trip to EuroHockey Indoor Championship III in Bratislava

ReplyQuote
Rach Lynch
(@rachlynch)
Member Admin
11/02/2020 1:50 am  

Glad you all had a wonderful time. That’s what it’s all about 🙂 Keep up the good work!!

ReplyQuote
Share: