COVID-19 and a season on hold while others continue...
Here in the ACT the senior club season kicks off on the 27th of March despite COVID-19, however our club, at the direction of our University has been forced to pull out of the winter season until further notice despite other ACT clubs staying in the competition. While its disappointing, we have to comply with the directions of the University. However where this gets a little difficult is I've received an approach from another club to play for them and while I want to play, club loyalty, in particular their funding of our Stomp subscription means I can not turn my back on my club. Would you do anything different?
What a tough situation Doug. This is the first of heard of a club season still going ahead so I’d just sit tight as I feel it won’t be long and they will need to call it off. That’s the way things are going. Leave your club now and the stress and flow on could be worth nothing anyway.
Obviously you want to be playing but the community and following guidelines would be the priority if you asked me!
@rachlynch Yep, the season was canned yesterday.
Fingers crossed for you and the team.